Author Topic: poem refusal  (Read 896 times)

flowerfox

• View Profile
poem refusal
« on: March 15, 2018, 07:38:29 AM »
What is best to do when a poem is entered to a site, and  refused. Should a polite thank you be mailed back or just leave it as is.
The one I sent to 'tiny words' was refused, not what they were looking for at this time.
Don't want them to think I've got a 'cob on' about the refusal.

Rachel

• View Profile
Re: poem refusal
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 07:54:03 AM »
I often send a 'thank you for considering my work' reply out if politeness Carole

Lorraine Pester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 09:32:44 AM »
What is best to do when a poem is entered to a site, and  refused. Should a polite thank you be mailed back or just leave it as is.
The one I sent to 'tiny words' was refused, not what they were looking for at this time.

A tinywords submission of mine was rejected for the same reason. Editors have their  reasons. I let it go.

flowerfox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:39:36 AM »
I often send a 'thank you for considering my work' reply out if politeness Carole

That said, I'll send a thank you and keep it short.

Thanks Rachel

flowerfox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »

A tinywords submission of mine was rejected for the same reason. Editors have their  reasons. I let it go.

I'm sure the editors do have their reasons and also a pile of mail to get through. Good to read the replies.

Thanks Lorraine

gtwright35

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »
I've been trying to break into "Frogpond" and the "Modern Haiku" journals without any luck. Editors from both journals were actually pretty helpful giving some feedback when I explained I was trying to learn. One of them pointed me to this forum...

flowerfox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 08:24:57 AM »
 :) couldn't have pointed you in a better a better direction.