Author Topic: Haiku journal response time  (Read 1235 times)

Rich Schilling

• View Profile
Haiku journal response time
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:11:03 AM »
I've submitted to Bones Haiku and haven't gotten a response yet (I did get an acknowledgement of my submission). The next issue comes out March 15 so while I was feeling good about my submissions, as time goes by I start to worry. I was wondering if anyone is familar with their response time. Also, it's been about four weeks since I submitted to Tinywords with no response. Their website says they respond within a couple weeks. So I'm just curious if anyone knows a little more about how the response time usually works for Bones and Tinywords.
Thanks.
Rich

John McManus

• View Profile
Re: Haiku journal response time
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:04:17 AM »
Hi Rich, I’m also waiting to hear back from Bones and Tinywords. I know that Tinywords have been in contact with some poets that have submitted, but they obviously have responded to everyone yet. I’d say have a little faith and patience. Both journals are very professional and have a good track record. I’m sure they’ll be in touch soon.

Rich Schilling

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 11:20:31 AM »
Thanks John. I can accept a no but hoping for a yes with my submissions. I just haven't submitted to either of those journals before so I thought I'd at least ask.

John McManus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 11:41:36 AM »
No problem, Rich. It can be a frustrating wait on news sometimes, but the vast majority of the time all you need is a bit of patience. I’ve never had any issues with either journal responding to submissions in the past.

Rich Schilling

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 05:05:06 AM »
Got an email from Bones last night and I got in so if you haven't gotten your response yet, it should be soon. Good luck! I hope you get in.

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 06:31:30 AM »
Thanks John, for saying such nice things about Bones journal, as it's still close to my heart as one of three original founders, along with Sheila and Johannes. :-)

One of my students just got four out of five haiku accepted, so she's over the moon! Also haibun journal emails have been winging their way, so more and more people should be hearing from them.

Congrats Rich re Bones! :-)

warm regards,
Alan

John McManus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 02:21:40 PM »
Glad to know you got in, Rich. I’ve heard from Bones, and am pleased to say I’ll be in there alongside you and Alan’s student! 😎😎

Alan, it’s a great journal, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks that!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk