Author Topic: No acknowledgement from Frogpond  (Read 867 times)

XYZ

• View Profile
No acknowledgement from Frogpond
« on: April 01, 2019, 02:38:01 AM »
I submitted to Frogpond journal on March 29, 2019 but I didn't get acknowledgement for it. Thinking my email was not delivered, I re-sent the mail on March 30 and March 31. Still I didn't get acknowledgement. I am confused if my submission has not reached the journal. How can I know whether my submission is received or not? If it was not received, can I submit it's haiku for a contest?

Thank you.

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
Re: No acknowledgement from Frogpond
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 03:13:33 AM »
Dear Pragya,

Submission periods are one month long: March for the spring/summer issue.
Acceptances will be sent shortly after the end of each period. Please submit only once per submission period.
http://www.hsa-haiku.org/frogpond/submissions.html

I'm not aware that many magazines/journals send any emails confirming receipt, only if the work is accepted or not.

It is now only April 1st, so submissions sent throughout  all of March will start to be looked at.

Please be patient.

kind regards,

Alan

I submitted to Frogpond journal on March 29, 2019 but I didn't get acknowledgement for it. Thinking my email was not delivered, I re-sent the mail on March 30 and March 31. Still I didn't get acknowledgement. I am confused if my submission has not reached the journal. How can I know whether my submission is received or not? If it was not received, can I submit it's haiku for a contest?

Thank you.

XYZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 04:13:31 AM »
Thank you Sir. Actually when I submitted last time, there was an acknowledgement sent so I was worried if my Email reached them or not. But you are right that I should wait. Maybe they have stopped sending acknowledgements now and directly send rejection/acceptance mails after going through the submission.
Dear Pragya,

Acceptances will be sent shortly after the end of each period. Please submit only once per submission period.

I'm not aware that many magazines/journals send any emails confirming receipt, only if the work is accepted or not.

It is now only April 1st, so submissions sent throughout  all of March will start to be looked at.

Please be patient.

kind regards,

Alan

Thank you.

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:22:00 AM »
Hi Pragya,

Congrats on your honourable mention by the way! :-)

war anniversary
her daughter knows
each star by name

Pragya Vishnoi
Kanpur, INDIA

re Frogpond, I believe it's only Michael Ketchek dealing with submissions, unless you heard from someone assisting him?

Michael Ketchek <mketchek@frontier.com>

Although it's unusual in haiku circles to have to wait long, I've waited 2-3 months at least once or twice, it's nothing compared to a regular 6 months or even an entire year in the general/mainstream poetry journals. :-)

Alan

Thank you Sir. Actually when I submitted last time, there was an acknowledgement sent so I was worried if my Email reached them or not. But you are right that I should wait. Maybe they have stopped sending acknowledgements now and directly send rejection/acceptance mails after going through the submission.
Dear Pragya,

Please be patient.

kind regards,

Alan

Thank you.

XYZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 04:32:30 AM »
Thank you, Sir. I agree the waiting period for haiku journals is remarkably less than other mainstream journals. I have also noticed that the editors are a lot more helpful and responsive. I have submitted my short stories earlier to some journals and didn't get any response before six months and the response was too an automated one.
Hi Pragya,

Congrats on your honourable mention by the way! :-)

war anniversary
her daughter knows
each star by name

Pragya Vishnoi
Kanpur, INDIA

re Frogpond, I believe it's only Michael Ketchek dealing with submissions, unless you heard from someone assisting him?

Michael Ketchek <mketchek@frontier.com>

Although it's unusual in haiku circles to have to wait long, I've waited 2-3 months at least once or twice, it's nothing compared to a regular 6 months or even an entire year in the general/mainstream poetry journals. :-)

Alan

Dear Pragya,

Please be patient.

kind regards,

Alan

Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk