Author Topic: Opportunity  (Read 263 times)

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
Opportunity
« on: August 25, 2019, 08:22:16 AM »

Haiku: The one breath poetry evening event (with bar) at the Bristol Museum and City Gallery offers an opportunity for those both overseas, and anyone unable to make the physical event.

An opportunity for poets...
There is also an opportunity to submit haiku, senryu or tanka poetry online, based on (or matched to) Bristol Museum & Art Gallery's prints, from wherever in the world you are logging on. We are looking for poems to use as examples during the event, and some may also be selected for possible publication on the museum's website.

Details about the opportunity:
https://www.callofthepage.org/events/haiku-at-bristol-museum/

Look forward to entries!  :)

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
Re: Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 06:35:51 AM »
Lots of great haiku from all over the world but we could do with more tanka too!  ;)

The poem portal will be open at least until Sunday September 1st.
ALL poems will be printed out by the museum for the September 5th evening event!

Alan

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 06:31:43 AM »
Thank you for your contributions of haiku and tanka, you know who you are!  :)

The deadline, due to popularity, has been EXTENDED to Sunday 8th September 2019!  :)

Alan & Karen

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 08:25:29 AM »
We had a full house! People of all ages (some I encouraged to submit to Lori A Minor's publications as they were now in the 'modern dating scene').

We even had someone from Mainland China! :-) Now that was awesome, talk about distance!

Karen Garvey, the Bristol Museum(s) Events Officer put photos up in real time last night, so catch them at:

https://twitter.com/bristolmuseum

I cannot get over how much hard work went into this event by Kate Newnam, Senior Curator, and Karen Garvey, and the museum crew.

We even had one person from the British Haiku Society attend, which was lovely!

Alan

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 03:34:59 AM »
We have been further commissioned on this project!

At present we have collated all the haiku and legal permissions for the museum and are now working on a long list of poems only for the museum to select from.

There is also another exciting aspect of the project which will be announced at the end of the year.

In the meantime 65 pages of poems were printed out for the live workshop audience and museum team to enjoy and appreciate, and use as guidance.

Next step is the long list being shortened by the museum.

A Call of the Page newsletter will be released with an update in a week or two.

warm regards,
Alan & Karen
https://www.callofthepage.org/contact/newsletter-sign-up/

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 05:45:50 AM »
Here's the message that Karen put together for anyone who sent in unpublished poems. And thanks again!

From Karen:

Please note that you are free to send out your poems to other places - as the museum only offered to "possibly" put some on their website, we decided therefore it was only fair to ask for "non-exclusive" use of peoples' poems.

I'll be putting up pictures on the website as soon as I can, I'm sorry it's been so busy here, we got about three times as many poems as we were expecting!

A huge folder of poems was taken for the people at the event to look through, and we passed it around, and yours would have been part of this. It was wonderful to have them to show people. Thank you for sending them! The choosing of the poems by the museum is a longer term project, but we will be excited to let people know if they do go ahead and put them on the museum website.

There are no photos of the file contents, it was too thick, but as I say there will be pics of the event!

All the best for now!

Karen

https://www.callofthepage.org/about-1/